November 1, 2017 — Lyndhurst, NJ — Hop Industries, a value-added plastic manufacturer and market leader in plastic films and sheeting, today announces its 40th anniversary. Founded in 1977 by Chairman C.H. Hu and Mr. Kunio Kodaka, the company started with six employees, and flourished through the years, developing a foothold in the plastic sheeting industry. Today, Hop Industries employs over 52 in its Lyndhurst, NJ office, and continues to supply products and services for the expanding plastics market in the U.S. and Canada.
- Chairman Hu commissions Mr. Kodaka to sell PVC film and sheeting from Nan Ya Plastic in the U.S.
- Hop Industries is formed as demand for its plastic sheeting skyrockets.
- The company moves to a 25,000 square foot facility in Carlstadt, NJ.
- Hop Industries doubles staff and adds converting services.
- Productivity enhancements improve turnaround time, paving the way for faster orders and quicker inventory reload.
- Hop Industries’ staff increases to over 50 and the company moves to Garfield, NJ to accommodate demand for converting and warehousing needs.
- The company expands its product line to include flexible PVC, PVC plates, foam boards, PP profile, and CPP and BOPP films, as well as Hop-Syn, an environmentally-friendly synthetic paper.
- New equipment purchases give the company a competitive edge.
- Mr. Yung Hsiung Lin is named CEO and Vice Chairman, and Mr. Robert Noetzel is appointed President.
- Hop Industries moves to 85,000 square feet of warehouse space in Lyndhurst, NJ, and upgrades its customer service and IT departments to accommodate continued growth.
- Hop Industries sets a goal for continuous improvement, and expands its product line to include APET and RPET films, which opens new market opportunities.
- The company continues to increase its converting services by adding new guillotine and slitting equipment to meet the growing demand for converted sheets and rolls on print-grade PVC, APET and Hop-Syn synthetic paper.
- Converting sales hit an an all-time high.
- Hop Industries invests in new ERP technology to improve its quality, efficiency and productivity.
- The company celebrates its 40-year anniversary.
- Hop Industries reports highest sales of $53.3 million.
“Hop Industries prides itself on an experienced workforce, quality products, and an established base of customers. We thank our staff and the community for our 40-year milestone,” comments Jack Smith, Senior Vice President, Hop Industries. “Through the years, our solid business model has proven very successful, and we are poised for continued growth in the years to come.”
For more information about Hop Industries, call 1-800-524-0757 or visit www.hopsyn.com.
About Hop Industries
Founded in 1977, Hop Industries is one of the market leaders in supplying plastic films and converting services to the plastic printing, packaging and school supply industries. Hop Industries’ founders have instilled a company culture based on quality, dedication, and integrity. These values have guided Hop for the past 40 years, and will continue to as the company continues to grow in the years to come.